Thursday, January 10, 2013

My 2012 Favorites! ft. Nail Polish, Skincare, Perfume & Deodorant? ( 2nd Part )

Hello hello! I thought I would share with you guys some of the miscellaneous " beauty " items that I have loved during 2012. So let's get started! 


From Left to Right: OPI Sparrow Me The Drama (LE), Essie Muchi Muchi, Essie Cascade Cool (LE), Essie Tart Deco, Essie Pilates Hottie (LE), Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Essie Where's My Chauffeur? (LE), OPI Mermaid's Tears (LE), Ciate Pepperminty 

I must say that my nail polish collection has really grown this year and I definitely agree that Essie has taken over my collection. I will say that Essie has really won me over when it comes to their permanent and limited edition collections because the shades that they put out are just beautiful! 

What I like about Essie is that their brush isn't too small or too big so you can really get into the small areas that you missed, the formulation of the nail polish is wonderful ( expect there are a few shades that I've had some problems with ) and it's available at the drugstores so it's pretty affordable as well! ( It's even better when you get them on sale! ) 

As you can see from the picture above it really was a mint green/Tiffany blue kind of year for me! I don't know what it is about the color but I was just really attracted to it and it slowly went over in my clothing but I just really like how it looks on my nails ( in fact, I'm wearing the Ciate one on my nails! ) I haven't found the perfect Tiffany blue yet but when I do I will definitely share with you guys! 


From Left to Right: Pond's Cleansing & Exfoliating Towelettes, Biore Warming Anti-Bacterial Cream Cleanser, Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray & Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum 

Pond's Cleansing & Exfoliating Towelettes: Hhhmm what can I say about this product? Well it's the best makeup remover wipe that I ever tried. I probably went through 5 packages of these within the last year. What I like about them is that it has a smooth side and the other side has little exfoliating beads and it helps to get off the makeup easier then you having to scrub your face until it's red and plus it has the pleasant citrus scent ( I love anything that has a citrus scent! ) And I love it when I find this at Walmart and it comes in a pack of two for $6 or $7? Well worth the money! 

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser: I discovered this back in the beginning of 2012 and I can't remember which Youtube guru was raving about it but I'm glad that I picked it up cause it really helped with clearing up my skin. The warming part felt weird at first cause it felt like something was burning but it goes away after a couple scrubs. After using this, my face would feel nice and clean and smooth which is what I'm looking for, so if you were on the market for something like this then I would totally recommend this. 

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I had this in my makeup collection for a while but I only started using it a couple months ago and I like it! This product does help with my makeup staying on for a good 10 hours and what I do is after I applied my foundation and concealer I would spray my face and then after applying everything else I would spray again cause I found that if I sprayed my face once it didn't really make my makeup stay. I would probably say I would recommend this over the MAC Fix+ that is much raved about. 

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum: This is probably the only hair " styling " product that I use and I like it! It makes my hair nice and smooth, the serum isn't too thick and it has a nice light scent. With this you only need a little bit of it or else your hair will be oily ( learnt by experience ) and from the picture you can tell that I'm not even half way through the bottle and I had it for 8 months. I also like that this is available at the drugstores for around $6 or $7 but you can get it for $4 when it's on sale. 


Secret's Clinical Waterproof Antiperspirant: Yes, you read this right, I'm adding a deodorant in my favorites. I have to say that I'm one of those people that sweat a lot during year round so I knew that I needed something stronger then a regular deodorant so when companies started coming out with " extra strength " I knew I had to check them out. So I did some trial runs for this product and I will say that this is probably my holy grail deodorant because I would apply this around 8am and it lasts ALL DAY cause when I checked my under arms, it wasn't wet and I didn't have the sweat mark on my shirts. This is a little pricey compared to the regular deodorants but it's well worth the money! 


From Left to Right: PINK Sunny & Happy Body Mist, Victoria Secret's Bombshell Body Mist & Viva La Juicy Couture Perfume 

These are the ones that made me smell nice during the year of 2012! What I like about them is that they have a light scent and it can be a everyday kind of perfume and it's not going to be over-whelming. I will say for the PINK and Victoria Secret ones, you will have to re spray through out the day because the scent will wear off after couple hours. 

Well this concludes my second part of my favorites for 2012! I hope you guys enjoyed this and having a wonderful start to 2013 =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment