Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My 2012 Beauty Favorites!

Well hello there, I can't believe that it's 2013 already! I really felt that 2012 flew by really quick like in one finger snap. And with the whole thing about the world is ending, I'm glad to say that I'm made it through and happy to be blogging right now =D Anyways, there's gonna be a lot of " 2012 favorites " going around so I thought I would join in with the fun! 

** I should say that this is going to be a lengthy one so if you wanted to grab some popcorn to snack on, I suggest you do that! ** 


My 2012 favorites! 

** There are some items that I forgot to include in the photos but I will mention them at the end! ** 

I don't have individual pictures for some of the products so I'll just do a mini review of them right now. 

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation: I remember during the time I was purchasing this I was on a hunt for a good coverage foundation so this foundation just went on the market where I lived and I have been wanting to try out Lancome products so I thought it was the perfect opportunity and they were also having their gift with purchase ( double bonus! ) Let me tell you, this is probably the best foundation that I have tried so far! It gives me medium to full coverage that I've been looking for, it doesn't look cakey after you have powdered and everything, it lasts for at least 12 hours ( that's the max I would have my makeup on! ) and the consistency of the foundation is not too heavy.  So if you were looking for a new foundation with medium to full coverage, I would definitely recommend this! 

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: I bought this because it was the most reviewed item at the moment on Youtube and I'm glad that I picked it up! This is totally different from the Lancome foundation because it's a light to medium coverage, very liquidity, doesn't last as long ( maybe 6 to 7 hours? ) but what I love about this is that when it's on your face, it doesn't look like you're wearing much makeup; it's very natural looking let's put it that way. I think this is perfect for the spring/summer time when you don't feel like wearing much makeup. 

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche Concealer: I have been using this for the past two months and I have learned to love it! This is perfect for covering up your dark circles, any imperfections you may have, and then I would just powder the areas and I'm all set to go for the day! I'll definitely be purchasing this again in the future because it's a drugstore product so I can always get it on sale ;) 


I'm sure that this item is a no brainer and it has probably pop up in some of my monthly favorites post: Urban Decay Naked Palette . I do have the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette but I haven't really been reaching for it as much as I do with the original Naked palette. 

Like I have said in most of my posts that this palette is definitely great for someone that loves neutral shades or want to more shades then just the typical 4 shades. I would recommend this to someone that is getting into makeup that wants to spend a little bit more money and have something that will last them a while. This is also travel friendly so if you're someone that travels alot then this is something that you should look into! 

I like all of the shades in this palette but if I had to choose my very favorites it would be: 

Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Darkhorse & Toasted 


Swatches! ( In the same order as mentioned above! ) 


If you have been a long time reader of my blog then you know that I love my blushes like LOVE! Like if I had to choose just one specific makeup item it would probably be blush because I love all the pretty shades that it comes in and how beautiful it looks on the cheeks, it just makes me happy! =) haha! 

This was totally not intentionally but all of my favorites are from MAC =o I should make one of my beauty resolutions to be to use more blushes from different brands! lol anyways the ones that I have are: 

Subtle Breeze ( LE ), Pinch O' Peach, Melba & Pink Tea ( LE )

Mini Review! 

Subtle Breeze: This was part of the " Naturally " collection that came out during the spring time I believe and I knew that I wanted to get my hands on it. It's a beautiful rose-y mauve-y color and it's nothing that I have in my stash, and I do apply with a light hand because it's pretty pigmented for a mineralize blush. When you hear mineralize you would think " sheer, glowly " but with this blush, it applies matte which was kind of a nice surprise. 

Pinch O' Peach: This has been a long time love for me, and I believe that this was probably one of the first blushes that I ever bought ( and I'm not even close to hitting pan on it -___- ). What I like about it is that it's a pretty light peachy pink and when you apply it to your cheeks it gives a nice flush that's not too over-whelming. This is definitely a go-to blush for me when I don't know what blush to wear! 

Melba: I didn't get this blush till September or October and I wore this blush for a month straight and I seriously fell in love with it! It's a coral peach shade and when I apply it to my cheeks, it's dark enough that I could use it as a contour shade when I don't have my bronzer on me. 

Pink Tea: I pick this one up from the collection " Tres Chic " back in the summer or fall time I think and this was one of the more natural looking ones so of course I had to pick it up. I would describe this as a dusty rose shade and when this is applied to the cheeks, it gives it a nice flush like you just ran a marathon or if you were outside playing in the snow during the winter time. 


Swatches! ( In the same order as mentioned above! ) 


I will say that I wasn't into contouring until recently and I have been reaching for the beloved Benefit Hoola and I can honestly say this is the only bronzer that I have been using for contouring. What I like about it is that it's matte ( no shimmer whatsoever ), very blend-able, won't make your face look dirty ( if your face does look dirty then you're doing something wrong lol ) I have been trying out different contouring products, but I always go back to this. 


Totally forgot to get a swatch picture, sorry! 



This year I have getting into more bold lipstick colors and I'm glad that I did because then I wouldn't have discover such wonderful products! I wasn't into lipsticks at all until two years ago until I made myself try one and I definitely don't regret doing that! 

Some the lip products that I have here are: 

Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched 
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy 
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Lollipop
MAC Creamsheen Lipstick in Hot Gossip 
Dior Addict Lipstick in 333 Nude

If I were to choose my very favorites out of this bunch it would have to be: Maybelline Baby Lips and Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter.

 I'm sure you're wondering why, well it's winter time where I live and I'm part of the chapped/dry lips group and I need to have my lips moisturize at all times and the Baby Lips have definitely saved them! It does live up to the hype that was building around it when they first came out and there's atleast five different flavors to choose from so I'm sure that you'll be able to find your favorite! 

As for the Lip Butter, this shade " Lollipop " is definitely a color I had to step out of my comfort zone to have confidence to wear it and I'm so happy that I did because the first time I wore it, I got a lot of compliments! =) I would describe it as a bright fuchsia with little glitter bits, and it glides on really well but I do have a suggestion is that you should moisturize or do a lip scrub before putting on the product because it fill in the cracks if your lips are dry and that doesn't look pretty. lol 

Swatches! In the same order as mentioned above! ( Without the Baby Lips! ) 

There are some products that I would like to mention but I didn't have time to take photos or I didn't have the actual product with me. 

Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner 
- Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain in #17 Encre Rose 
-Maybelline One By One Mascara 
- Loreal Linear Intense Liquid Eyeliner 
- Maybelline Define A Lash Mascara 
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer 

Well that's all that I have for you! I know this is a pretty lengthy one so if you stuck by and read the whole thing then I will give you a virtual hug! =) And I would like to thank everyone that has stuck by me by reading and commenting on my posts, if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be doing this so thank you so very much! Definitely expect to see more from me in the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment